Test benches are designed for hydraulic and pneumatic testing of spring loaded, pilot-operated, and other types of PSVs with DN 10...250 mm (3/8 ...10''), breather (pressure vacuum relief) valves DN 50...500 mm (2...20'') according to the following standards:
- set pressure test according to API 526;
- seat tightness test according to API 527;
- breather (pressure vacuum relief) valves API RP 2000.
- spring loaded PSVs;
- pilot-operated PSVs;
- breather (pressure vacuum relief) valves.
Advanced test system design, provides correspondence of the PSV test process to requirements of the following standards:
- API RP 576;
- ISO 4126-1;
- ASME BPVC Section VIII;
- ASME PTC 25.
- DN 50...500 mm (2...20") flanged breather valves;
- DN 15...250 mm (1/2...10") flanged PSVs;
- DN 10...50 mm (1/4...2'') threaded PSVs.
Maximum clamping force, t
Tested valve sizes, mm (″)
Min./max. diameter of the clamped flange, mm (″)
Maximum thickness of the clamped flange, mm (″)
Overall dimensions (LхWхH), mm (″)
- Clamping system design based on integrated high performance hydraulic cylinder, stainless steel base that serves as storage tank for hydraulic test medium. Clamping of valve need to be tested, provided by test table actuated by hydraulic cylinder and three synchronized claws thats centering and fastening of inlet PSV flange.
- Increased inner diameter of test system tubing and high pressure hoses provides dynamic spool lifting during set pressure test, as well as smooth and accurate reseating, same time serves to avoid the seats surface damages while closing.
- Use of special Nickel and Chrome coatings and stainless steel elements of clamping unit water wetted surfaces provides stable operation in hard environmental conditions with high level of humidity.
- «Pockets» for set of sealing adapters storing.
- Built-in stainless steel test fluid storage tank .
- Adapters for PSV inlet flange face sealing for valves with DN 15...400 mm (1/2 ... 12'') of the following types: FF, SG, RF, LM, LG, RTJ as per ASME B 16.5.
- Plugs for PSV outlet flange face sealing with fittings for quick connection of drop/bubble counter tubing.
- Set of adapters with standard RTJ gasket for inlet flange sealing, designed accord-ing to ASME B 16.5.
- Sealing adapters for thread-type PSV sealing DN 15...50 mm (1/2 ... 2'').
- Safety fence for provision of operators safety in accordance with HSE requirements available in several editions:
- surrounding (two sheets metal blocks) safety fence with bullet proof windows, gates safety locking device and remote operated video control system;
- safety screen at control station for protection of operator's from splashes;
- safety fence arrangement mounted around clamping unit.
- Portable muffler provides noise level reduction at PSVs outlet during pop testing.
- Test unit elements can be positioned on the mobile platform with forklift pockets for easier unit transportation to the end-users sites.
The control station has module construction and can be equipped with the following systems according to the customer requirements:
- High pressure hydraulic clamping control system.
- Mandatory system providing comfortable and quick operation of the clamping unit.
- Pneumatic test system up to 400 bar (5800 psi).
- Test system allowing to test the most PSV's (according to API 526/527, up to class 1500) with gas/nitrogen test mediums. System operation requires external compressed air/nitrogen source with maximum pressure up to 400 bar (5800 psi). Compressor unit or booster with accumulators available as an option.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic test system up to 400 bar (5800 psi).
- Test system allowing to test the most PSV's (according to API 526/527, up to class 1500) with liquid or gas/nitrogen test mediums. System operation requires external compressed air/nitrogen source with maximum pressure up to 400 bar (5800 psi). Compressor unit or booster with accumulators available as an option.
- Pneumatic test system up to 690 bar (10000 psi).
- Optional system based on pneumatic-actuated booster. Used for gas testing of PSV up to class 2500 and higher. Operation requires external compressed air/gas source with pressure up to 35 bar (500 psi).
- Hydraulic test system up to 690 bar (10000 psi).
- Optional system used for hydraulic testing of PSV up to class 2500 and higher. Based on pneumatic-actuated booster. Operation requires external compressed air/gas source with pressure up to 35 bar (500 psi).
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic test system up to 690 bar (10000 psi).
- Optional system required for high pressure PSV testing with gas and liquid mediums. Combines both above-mentioned test systems up to 690 bar (1000 psi).
- Clamping system control is equipped with safety interlock that prevents tested valve unclamping while tested valve is under pressure higher than 1 bar.
- Test process controlled by needle, regulating and isolation valves of world A-class manufacturers.
- Test systems up to 400 bar (5800 psi) are equipped with additional test vessels for increasing of test line volume. Additional test medium volume provides dynamic spool lifting and precise determination of PSV set point, test line residual pressure, helps in accurate reseating point determination, saving PSV sealing surfaces from damages while reseating.
- Equipment complies with following standards:ISO4126-1, API RP 576, ASME BPVC Section VIII, which are establishing the requirements for the accuracy of the safety valve setting, and the ASME PTC 25-2014 standard, which regulates the speed of the pressure gaining when 90% of the set pressure is reached.
- Systems are equipped with additional lower pressure range gauges for more accurate test parameters measuring at low pressure testing. These pressure gauges are equipped with automatic shut-off devices to avoid pressure gauge damages while test pressure exceeds maximum stated test parameters.
- To improve safety and avoid the risk of involuntary increasing of the test pressure, system control panel is equipped with a duplicate test line control button, to raise test pressure the operator shall hold the button pressed (two-handed control system).
- Test medium, gas or liquid, can be selected by using switch at the control panel.
- The control panel equipped with emergency stop button.
- Control stations with hydraulic test systems are equipped with pneumatically driven pump for quick water filling of tested valve.
- The control panel is equipped with protective screen with a large protective window of durable polycarbonate glass (Lexan or Makrolon).
- Test mediums undergoes through fine filters, all water wetted parts are made of corrosion proof materials improving long service life of the test system.
- High pressure booster based gas test system with gas accumulators.
- High pressure compressor unit (air up to 400 bar/ 5800 psi) with compressed air accumulators up to 150 liters.
- Compressed air saving system. Especially required when customer needs to test a large number of valves within short time period without recharging vessels or compressed air accumulators.
- Computer Registration System.
- CRS-based Semi-Automatic Test System.
- Device for breather (pressure vacuum relief) valves testing. Designed for mounting of pressure vent and breather valves DN 50...500 mm (2...20''). Control panel provides testing with overpressure up to 2 bar and vacuum depth of up to 500 mm (20'') of water column scale.
- Pressure vent and breather valves testing control system can be either integrated into the general control panel of PSV test system or be carried out in a separate cabinet, as per request of the client.
- Upon customers demand test system can be customized to meet specific test parameters.